Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring is Sprung!

Its official. Spring is here. Isn't it marvelous? There is much to do in the spirit of spring. I have trimmed our bushes around the house and deck but that is the tip of the iceberg!! There is raking to do, mowing to do, and much, very much flower planting to do!

I am so excited about having flowers this year! I want big chunky bright flowers in each of my huge flower pots. In my lengthy flower box out front the boys have unanimously voted that there is to be pink, white, and purple flowers. Perhaps I will throw in a splash of yellow. Just for some added pop!!

Spring in comparison is like love. We can't be without it. We need it near us at all times. I open the windows just so the spring air can surround me during the night. Love is the same way we need to surround ourselves with it. We need to open our eyes and look at all that is around us. Only with heartfelt appreciation can we truly enjoy it.

I can feel the warm breeze on my face, the sun on my skin, and hear the sound of spring around me. I have shed my Minnesota winter blues and have slipped into something a little more fresh. Won't you join me?

1 comment: