Monday, February 8, 2010

Falling in love with Minnesota-all over again!

Greetings friends!!

Nothing like a good snow storm to take you back to your childhood...Today i had to shovel the end of my driveway so i could get out. The side wall of my drive way are taller then me! I had no where else to put the snow!! So i shoveled it on to the left side of the driveway so the snowplow would shove it further down the road!! Here comes the snow plow and it plows a whole 'nother pile of snow in my driveway and COMPLETELY misses the pile i shoved into the road!!! He goes around it!!! UNBELIEVABLE! its alright though because it will be there for him later!!!

Im loving this snow though. This is how it used to snow when we were kids...and this is not our first big snow fall may i remind you! This is what Im talking about snow fall after snow fall, not the "flurries" they call "snow". This right here this is what being a Minnesotan is all about!! The snow is up to the boys' thighs! Its so wonderful...i remember the days we would have to shovel ourselves out of our house...and then dad would build us snow forts out of the drifts in the front and back yard. Oh and the neighborhood snowball fights that would last hours!! Oh man snow like this..it takes me back. WHERE ARE MY BOOTS? I am so going sledding tomorrow...whos game?

Now the funniest part of all of this is how many people have lived here in Minnesota and cant drive in this weather? Come on just because you have a truck doesnt mean that you can drive like an idiot and not go into the ditch...come on people! So it will continue to snow and continue to get worse...and our home grown Minnesotan's will continue to drive to fast, tailgate each other, and give every insurance agency in the state more business. Have a safe drive home friends..and look out for those people in the trucks and suv's who dont know how to use them!!

My drive wasnt too bad a steady pace of 30 miles and hour for an hour and 45 minutes but i used my super awesome skills (those are similar to the priceline.com guys negotiating skills, but mine are much more awesomer!) had a few slippery moments but my impala gets me anywhere through anything...i dont need no truck or suv. Dont believe me do you? Well if you can jump your car and 60 miles an hour and nothing comes off and it still runs like a new mustang...then maybe you would have more faith in you car....thats what happened to me!! But thats a story for another time!


Well enjoy the weather friends, i know that i will. Have fun and be safe!

PEACE OUT!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment